History

Hamilton H.Floyd moved to Vero Beach from Lake Worth, FL, in 1942 and opened Floyd Funeral Home on the corner of 19th Place and 15th Avenue. In the late 1940's, he acquired Cox Funeral Home and continued to operate Floyd Funeral Home from his newly acquired location in the 1500 block of 20th Street. In 1957 the Floyd Funeral Home moved from its 20th Street location to a new facility at 2405 14th Avenue where it remained for the next 26 years.
Glenn Strunk moved to Vero Beach in 1972 and was associated with Floyd Funeral Home in the capacity of funeral director. He became a part owner in 1973 and at that time the name was changed to Floyd/Strunk Funeral Home.

Following the retirement of Ham Floyd and the opening of our present facilities, at 1623 North Central Avenue, Sebastian, in 1982, and 916 17th Street, Vero Beach, in 1983, the name was changed to Strunk Funeral Home.
With the addition of our crematory in 2007 our name was once again changed to include Crematory.

Strunk Funeral Homes and Crematory are still independently owned and operated and proudly in our 71st year of continuous service to the residents of Indian River County.